It’s that time again. Things are changing and I am nomadic, perhaps to a greater extent than ever before. The reason for my blogging silence is that I’ve had too much going on and it overwhelmed my small brain to put into writing. As you may know by now, I prefer to write about things like disappearing spiders in my bed and the best gelato place south of the equator, and not “I’m packing up and moving across country to change careers and become a drifter and also spend some time in Europe,” which is what I’ve decided to do.
But, if you’re curious, here’s the basic gist of my “plan.”
- Drive across the country for the fourth time—solo, mind you—from New Mexico to New England.
- Make stops along the way to visit friends (which is a first! I did not power through like the psycho-racecar-bunny-beating-the-cruise-control-drum that I normally am).
- Visit a beach and pop in for interviews in Rhode Island.
- Reside on my beloved futon at Mora’s in Hanover while I catch up with my friends and the soon-to-be-graduates, New Hampshire-ers, and nature.
- Go to Europe.
- Eat a lot (A LOT) of really amazing food (applies to all of the above).
Steps one through three (and six) are accomplished as of today. I’m currently on step four, and will soon depart for five. Hopefully I will resume blogging on a more consistent basis so you can follow my travels and I can start writing about the little things again… because dangit, the big things are just too hard.
(That’s what she said.**)
“So,” you might ask, “what happens after you waddle off the plane from Europe?”
Well, when I return from overseas, I will be thrust into the real world hassle of finding a place to live and a way to support myself that is legal in more places than just Rhode Island, and it will be an interesting adventure. So, for now, I’ll just say I’m on the next leg of my life journey and we’ll see what happens.
One thought on “Mother Update”
haha I love you
I am excited for your adventures